While it may be the beginning of a new year, it's January. Which means the days are shorter, colder, and our social lives have done a complete 180. After the liveliness of the holiday season, most of our friends have started some form of dry January so our social calendars have taken a big hit. And despite having just taken time off to spend time with family, we find ourselves in desperate need of a beach vacation.
To help you through this dreary month, we have collaborated with Ashton Milner, our favorite travel agent, and put together a list of our top 5 winter escapes. And don't worry, we have included her contact information below in case you find yourself wanting to book a trip ASAP (we did).
Travel Agent: Ashton Milner
Harbour Island, Bahamas
- The Dunmore - think classic Bahamas hotel meets understated luxury. With newly built cottages and residences, the Dunmore feels more like a private club than a hotel.
- Coral Sands - this hotel is the perfect mix of traditional Harbour Island elegance and relaxed modern beach chic. The colorful decor is happy and comfortable - making it an ideal spot to relax and rejuvenate on a well-earned beach vacation.
- The Other Side - located in a small, secluded hotel, the chef/owner of the Other Side restaurant uses local ingredients to create amazingly fresh dishes.
- The Landing - serving a contemporary menu based on local produce and freshly caught local fish and seafood, the Landing restaurant is not to be missed.
- Swimming with Pigs: if Mary Kate & Ashley were doing a remake of Holiday in the Sun, they would definitely swim with pigs. And while swimming with pigs might seem mildly terrifying, let's be honest with ourselves - we are going to do it for the pictures. Our Positano Shirt Dress in white eyelet will make you look island chic while chasing after rather large piglets.
- DaddyD's - dance the night away at Daddy D's. The balloons hanging from the ceiling give us serious deja vu of our favorite late-night spot in Memphis - Paula Raiford's. Our Malfi Dress in black is the perfect dress to transition from day to night in.
- Eden Rock - built on St. Jean Bay, Eden Rock is one of the most luxurious hotels on St. Barths. As Conde Nast perfectly describes it, "Eden Rock is a refresh of a storied classic that does not sacrifice any sophistication for modern perks".
- Nikki Beach - unless you have been living under a rock, you have heard of Nikki Beach. Known for its iconic pool/beach parties, Nikki Beach St. Barths is no different. We recommend heading over on Sunday for their "Amazing Sundays". Enjoy wonderful food, drinks, and the perfect vacation atmosphere. We think our Bella Dress is the perfect beach cover-up for a Nikki Beach party.
- Bagatelle - located on the harbor in Gustavia, Bagatelle offers high-end French Mediterranean cuisine. Just like it's other locations (Miami, St. Tropez, etc.), the food and atmosphere are worth the trip.
- Bonito St Barth - Overlooking Gustavia Harbor, Bonito sets the standard for chic terrace lounges. The nautical-chic restaurant is perched up on a hill, which makes for stellar views of the town. Offering a mixed scene of dining and late-night drinks, visitors arrive to tranquil island-inspired decor and a steady roll of electronic music.
- Shopping - St. Barths caters to the rich and famous and the shopping is no exception. Head to Quai de la Republique for designer stores and St. Jean's Pelican Shops and La Villa Creole for chic boutiques. Our Como Dress is the perfect cover-up to knock around town in.
- Hike to Columbier Beach - accessible only by boat or hiking trail, Columbier Beach is a beautiful, secluded beach surrounded by hiking trails that offer breath-taking views.
Los Cabos, Mexico
- Las Ventanas - looking for a romantic getaway? This is your spot. From perks like personal butlers, fresh fruit delivered daily, and a tequila welcome gift, the Rosewood focuses on the details. Additionally, the amazing spa and the spectacular views help make it one of our top favorite spots in Los Cabos.
- Chileno Bay - located on Cabo's only swimmable beach, Chileno Bay Resort sets itself apart from its competition. Its serpentine pool has three tiers, floating bars and inflatable gaming tables; beachside tacos are taken with tequila and tots of snake-infused sotol; and you’ll be cleansed with copal and wrapped in a cactus mask in the immense spa. What more could you ask for on a beach vacation?
- Flora Farms - Serenely tucked in the foothills of the Sierra de la Laguna Mountains, you'll find Flora Farms - a 25-acre organic working farm that is also home to a fabulous restaurant offering a unique farm to table experience.
- Edith's - featuring a regional fusion of steaks and seafood with local ingredients, Edith’s is the ultimate Mexican restaurant. With an amazing view of Medano Beach and the Arch of Cabo San Lucas, Edith's is a must try!
- Tequila Tasting - at Las Ventanas Tequila & Ceviche Bar, take a one-on-one blind tasting with a tequila master and learn which tequila sign best fits your personality and taste buds.
- Boat Day - spend the day on the water enjoying the iconic views and a stop at the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. Make sure to head to shore for lunch at The Office for some mexican fare and margaritas. Our Ravello Dress is the perfect cover-up for a boat day in Los Cabos.
- Nizuc - spanning 29 acres, this seclusive luxury hotel is the ultimate retreat for unwinding and relaxation on your beach vacation.
- Chambao - known for its bohemian decor and terrific steaks, Chambao is considered to be one of the best restaurants in Cancun. The music, food, and atmosphere combine to make quite an experience that you won't want to miss. Head to dinner in our Malfi Dress - we know it will make you feel confident and chic while not having to worry about a tight waistline after a big meal :).
- Spa Day - enjoy a day at Nizuc's luxury spa to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Boat Excursion - spend the day on Nizuc's luxurious yacht. Our Bella Dress is the perfect cover-up to toss in your beach bag when you're going to spend a day on the water.
- Snorkeling - with crystal blue waters, the Mesoamerican Reef is a great place for snorkeling and scuba diving on your beach vacation.
- Be Tulum - this hip, upscale beachfront property has trendy BoHo decor and lush grounds. The massive spa is a must and includes traditional temazcal, hydrotherapy, and a yoga studio.
- RosaNegra - Rosa Negra, or Black Rose in Spanish, is an upscale Latin American restaurant, bar, and lounge located on Tulum’s main beach strip. This luxury, eco-chic restaurant is the perfect spot for an intimate evening of dinner, drinks, and enjoyment.
- Gitano - with two locations in Tulum, surely one of them will fancy your needs. It's hard to choose between the two but we will let you decide. Gitano Jungle is a modern restaurant & jungle room set in the jungle of Tulum beach. Gitano Beach is a restaurant & beach club set in a private, white sand cove inside the Parque Nacional.
- Kin Toh - Tulum loves its tree houses and this restaurant is a treehouse on steroids. Just google it and your will immediately make a reservation. This is a MUST place to visit during your Tulum beach vacation.
- Taboo Beach Club - head here for a day party at what we consider to be Tulum's version of a St. Tropez beach club.
- Wellness Classes - take a breathwork or group yoga class at the tranquil Be Tulum spa. We think our Positano Shirt Dress in cabana stripes is the perfect cover-up to head to the spa in.
- Visit the Cenotes - Cenote, or Sinkhole in Spanish, are limestone rocks that created caves and stalagmites over thousands of years. The Yucutan Peninsula has around 6,000 cenotes. The caves and caverns contain crystal clear water and are great diving, snorkeling, and swimming spots.